Εnglish forum

kellyj

Νεοφερμένος

Η kelly αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 49 ετών, Καθηγητής και μας γράφει απο Θεσσαλονίκη (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 26 μηνύματα.
hi everyone.after carefully following this site for a couple of weeks it's my understanding that there is a lot of confusion and misinformation regarding english exams and preparation.first of all, it`s important that you know your source of information so let me tell you a little bit about myself.i am greek-american, tefl/tesl teacher for the past 16 years both in the states and greece.i am currently a director of studies at a major school.most of my experience involves adult teaching and exam preparation from b2 to c2 levels and toeic, ielts, gmat, gre, toefl to college tutoring,mba, and phd levels.suffice to say i am well acquainted with the world of exams.now that we got that clear i am more than willing to enlighten you about any topic you wish.i'll try to write as simply as i can and my only request is that you avoid greek as much as possible because mine is not that good!
thank you!

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

baki

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο Aντώνης αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 32 ετών, Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Θεσσαλονίκη (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 335 μηνύματα.
first of all welcome to our membership.My name is Antonis and i nice to meet you.I was learning english for 5 years and i achieve to pass up to b2 level,so now i dont have any questions about the english exams.

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

GetOuttaMyWay

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Johnson αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Κομοτηνή (Ροδόπη). Έχει γράψει 1,772 μηνύματα.
Well my name's Chris. I'm vrom Veria. In May, I'm gonna take 2 C2 Exams in order to become an English Teacher... This is my dream... :D

kellyj

Νεοφερμένος

Η kelly αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 49 ετών, Καθηγητής και μας γράφει απο Θεσσαλονίκη (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 26 μηνύματα.
first of all welcome to our membership.My name is Antonis and i nice to meet you.I was learning english for 5 years and i achieve to pass up to b2 level,so now i dont have any questions about the english exams.

dear antoni, congratulations for being awarded the b2 level but i must warn you that it's totally useless in the real world!you either have a prof. or you have nothing.b2 level is by no means a competitive level!so if i were you i would go back to school!
-----------------------------------------
Well my name's Chris. I'm vrom Veria. In May, I'm gonna take 2 C2 Exams in order to become an English Teacher... This is my dream... :D

cear chris i applaud you for your dreams, study hard and if you have any qs or worries ask away!

baki

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο Aντώνης αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 32 ετών, Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Θεσσαλονίκη (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 335 μηνύματα.
dear antoni, congratulations for being awarded the b2 level but i must warn you that it's totally useless in the real world!you either have a prof. or you have nothing.b2 level is by no means a competitive level!so if i were you i would go back to school!

of course kelly i know this point but now i dont have a lot free time in order to continue my english lessons but when i finish highschool and i will pass in the university i am going to return back to my english lessons and i will study in order to pass in proficiency

kellyj

Νεοφερμένος

of course kelly i know this point but now i dont have a lot free time in order to continue my english lessons but when i finish highschool and i will pass in the university i am going to return back to my english lessons and i will study in order to pass in proficiency

i have to warn you that it's going to be much harder to combine both at that time so if there is any way you can suck it up for 9 months and finish the damn thing now,then go for it!

LiLoOkOzz

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Λίλη αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 29 ετών, Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Κερατσίνι (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 391 μηνύματα.
welcome kellyj ,have fun in our company!!!My name is Lili (from Evangelia) and I am 14 years old!!The previous summer I took the Preliminary English Test (pet -B1) and this year I gonna take the Lower of Michigan and another lower called "edexcel".To tell the truth I am not so good at english...so,I attend the lessons of english language from obligation only...Well...Could you tell me about the difficult level on those lowers???
Thank you!

kellyj

Νεοφερμένος

welcome kellyj ,have fun in our company!!!My name is Lili (from Evangelia) and I am 14 years old!!The previous summer I took the Preliminary English Test (pet -B1) and this year I gonna take the Lower of Michigan and another lower called "edexcel".To tell the truth I am not so good at english...so,I attend the lessons of english language from obligation only...Well...Could you tell me about the difficult level on those lowers???
Thank you!

dear lili.all exam formats have their pros and cons.michigan looks appealing cause you don't have to write but distractor skills(choosing among a,b,c,d)are an advanced process of elimination which means that multiple choice qs look easy but in fact they are not.not to mention that the marking scheme for the 4 parts is anything but clear for example i had 2 students who received the exact marks on all parts but one failed whereas the other passed and no justification was given to me by the hellenicamerican union;in fact they told me not to bother and that i would never be given an explanation even from the university.basically they told me they had no idea.i have to go now but i'll get back to you on this matter as soon as i can and tell you more.

LiLoOkOzz

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Λίλη αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 29 ετών, Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Κερατσίνι (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 391 μηνύματα.
Thank so much about the explaination of michigan exam....Do you believe that I could get the michigan exam????

I have a huge problem..I do not believe in myself because my teachers told me that I will never get the lower which I want ,also, they told me that I do not know anything about the english language...Especially one of them ,she offends me in the class...My best friend said me to think positive but I am very sad and I believe that I will not get the michigan and the edexcel...
My psychology is very bad ...
What can I do about this??

kellyj

Νεοφερμένος

Thank so much about the explaination of michigan exam....Do you believe that I could get the michigan exam????

I have a huge problem..I do not believe in myself because my teachers told me that I will never get the lower which I want ,also, they told me that I do not know anything about the english language...Especially one of them ,she offends me in the class...My best friend said me to think positive but I am very sad and I believe that I will not get the michigan and the edexcel...
My psychology is very bad ...
What can I do about this??

sorry for getting back to you so late but i was out of town.now i'm really sad that you feel so down.as for your english the only thing i can tell you is that it's never too late!your english must be trully horrible for your teacher to talk like that ,but to be honest even if you were the worst student ever... nobody has the right to talk like that.1st of all, go to the principal of your school and complain(she might have no idea that one of her teachers behaves like that)2ndly, talk to your parents about all of this.3dly, demand another teacher or a private lesson with another teacher of the school.there are so many things you could do but above all talk to your family and frontistirio owner.if your english is so poor and 3 months wont be enough to make a difference then try the may exams for the experience,change schools and pursue the december exams.don't despair!it's only english!not the end of the world!what should matter the most is whether you learn or not.

IlOvEMuSiC!!!

Νεοφερμένος

Η Iούλια αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 29 ετών και Μαθητής Β' γυμνασίου. Έχει γράψει μόλις ένα μήνυμα.
i've got a question: what's the next level after the IGCSE and proficiency? i'm studying them at the same time and i would like to know. the exams are coming, and they're coming fast! please, i need an answer!:'(

xristina_18

Νεοφερμένος

Η xristina !!!! αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 32 ετών, Μαθητής Β' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Γιαννιτσά (Πέλλας). Έχει γράψει 5 μηνύματα.
hellllllllllo kelly my name is christina and i am taking the proficiency exam this year!!!
nice to meet cha!!!
i will let you know if i need some help!!
:bye:

gelo75

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο george αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 49 ετών, Πτυχιούχος και μας γράφει απο Ελευσίνα (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 147 μηνύματα.
good morning to all!
how are you? i am a student who studies in english and prepares for b2 (ecce exam) pleased to chat you bye!

kellyj

Νεοφερμένος

i've got a question: what's the next level after the IGCSE and proficiency? i'm studying them at the same time and i would like to know. the exams are coming, and they're coming fast! please, i need an answer!:'(

hi,dear!firstly, for a 13-year-old you're very busy!congrats!but listen carefully:the igcse is not a level of linguistic aquisition,so if you're doing this it means you attend a private school and you tutors can aswer all your qs.also,you didn't tell me which level you're in(core or extended)
finally, even if you're a genius, 13 is way too young to be sitting the prof.,not to mention that by the time you make use of it you will probably be asked to submit a new certification as it will be considered obsolete.be more specific next time sweetie!

tntqaz

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο Νίκος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Βέλγιο (Ευρώπη). Έχει γράψει 294 μηνύματα.
hi...
i have a "simple" question...Can you explain me what B1,B2,B3 are ??
this year, i passed the F.C.E & ECCE exams and i am very happy!!!

amira

Νεοφερμένος

Η amira αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 38 ετών και Απόφοιτος. Έχει γράψει 3 μηνύματα.
Kellyj, hello!!!
I'm Zoi from Thessaloniki and I have stopped practicing my English about 4 or 5 years ago.. And finally i start up again with them....
So I'm looking to the Internet, what about the exams. So i found that they are starting for a small level and i decided to take them....
So now you are coming in...
I stopped my English education at pre lower, so i would have to start again from there but on my one...
Can you give me some prepositions about books? With grammar, vocabulary, listening and everything I need so

kellyj

Νεοφερμένος

hi...
i have a "simple" question...Can you explain me what B1,B2,B3 are ??
this year, i passed the F.C.E & ECCE exams and i am very happy!!!

A1,A2,B1,B2,C1,C2 are levels of linguistic aquisition.basically the are proof of how good your english is(written and oral)fce/ecce are b2 certificates.profs are c2 level.
-----------------------------------------
Kellyj, hello!!!
I'm Zoi from Thessaloniki and I have stopped practicing my English about 4 or 5 years ago.. And finally i start up again with them....
So I'm looking to the Internet, what about the exams. So i found that they are starting for a small level and i decided to take them....
So now you are coming in...
I stopped my English education at pre lower, so i would have to start again from there but on my one...
Can you give me some prepositions about books? With grammar, vocabulary, listening and everything I need so

if you stopped so many years ago then believe me you have to start from elementary level(bsenior)you might think you remember a lot but trust me when i tell you you don't!being an adult only means that you're more serious and determined to finish your english this time but you are by no means capable of studying on your own.especially if you want to pursue a certificate.find a teacher as soon as possible!

amira

Νεοφερμένος

Η amira αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 38 ετών και Απόφοιτος. Έχει γράψει 3 μηνύματα.
if you stopped so many years ago then believe me you have to start from elementary level(bsenior)you might think you remember a lot but trust me when i tell you you don't!being an adult only means that you're more serious and determined to finish your english this time but you are by no means capable of studying on your own.especially if you want to pursue a certificate.find a teacher as soon as possible!

This time i have a teacher for German cause I'm learning German as well..
But i can't afford to pay to teachers....
That's way i'm asking your advise for some books. I have to refresh everything in my head and then start with a teacher... I'm not in a rush, i dot first off all for me...
So can you give your lights pls????

kellyj

Νεοφερμένος

This time i have a teacher for German cause I'm learning German as well..
But i can't afford to pay to teachers....
That's way i'm asking your advise for some books. I have to refresh everything in my head and then start with a teacher... I'm not in a rush, i dot first off all for me...
So can you give your lights pls????

it's extremely difficult to do both languages because they come from very different linguistic backgrounds so it will be very confusing for you, but if you have no choice but to do both at least freshen up your grammar and build up a basic vocabulary bank so you can later save money and time.go get the grammarway 1,2,3(greek editions) by evans,express publishing.these will give you a solid base to work on.take care!

amira

Νεοφερμένος

finally i decided to take private lessons with teacher i found her and she doesn't want a lot of money so on Thursday i have my reunion lesson...

Χρήστες Βρείτε παρόμοια

• Τα παρακάτω 0 μέλη και 1 επισκέπτες διαβάζουν μαζί με εσάς αυτό το θέμα:
    Tα παρακάτω 2 μέλη διάβασαν αυτό το θέμα:
  • Φορτώνει...